Posts Tagged 'black and white'
Your wedding hair stylist has a dirty little scheduling secret. She told you to come in at 8:30 AM so she could focus on you and your girls and you could bring some snacks and drinks and make an event out of it! Wow! What fun! Well, not exactly. This is what she really meant to say “I want you to come in at 8:30 AM because that won’t interfere with my prime time schedule from 11-2. My goal is to get you into an early time slot that none of my other clients want and that way your wedding won’t conflict with my regular schedule.” So what happens? You get your hair done at 9:30AM for your 4PM wedding. It starts to fall out before anyone even sees you! And you have to walk around on tippy-toes all day to take care of your hair. By the time your DJ gets the dance floor jumping at at 10PM, your hair has been in for over 12 hours–and looks like it! Well, that’s a worse case scenario for sure. But don’t be fooled. Be sure to set the time that best suits you and let your hair stylist plan around that. For a 4PM wedding, noon is the right time to get your hair done. For a 2PM wedding, 10AM is about right–later if you can swing it. It will still be a fun event with your girls. Only now it will be on your schedule instead of someone else’s.
Jen and Matt, June 9, 2012:
Ceremony held at: Seton Hill University Chapel
Reception at: Greensburg Country Club
Limo Services from: Elite Coach Transportation
Wedding Dress from: David’s Bridal
Bride’s Hair By: Studio 30
Bride’s Makeup By: Allison Roth
Flowers Arranged by: Bloomin’ Genius
Wedding Cake by: Pastor’s Bakery
Jen and Matt had a gorgeous June wedding! They could not have picked more picturesque locations than the Seton Hill University Chapel and Greensburg Country Club- it was so hard to resist posting every single one of their wedding photos! These few photos will have to do to show you the love between these two, some of the prettiest wedding locations in Pittsburgh, and one heck of an awesome party!
Jen’s dad was very emotional on her wedding day, but who can blame him when he was giving away such an amazing woman?
Seton Hill University Chapel is easily one of the prettiest chapels in Pittsburgh! Booking this venue was a no brainer for Seton Hill grad, Jen!
Matt and Jen, we would like to extend our sincerest thank you for allowing us to be a part of your magical day! You two could not have been more fun to shoot and we loved your wedding. We hope that you two have a lifetime full of happiness together. Best Wishes!
Autumn & Adam, May 26th, 2012:
Autumn and Adam had a wonderful spring wedding last weekend. They even braved the heat to get some beautiful outdoor shots at Bushy Run Battlefield before heading over to their reception at The Harrison Room in Harrison City, Pa. Their wedding day was full of love, happiness, and a lot of fun. Just check out the huge smiles these two, and all of their guests, were sporting all day long!
Wishing you both years of happiness and a lifetime of love! Thank you for letting us share in your beautiful day!
Everyone at Ovation Images, Pittsburgh’s Premier Wedding Photographers, would like to wish you and yours a very happy Mother’s Day! So be sure to take time out today to tell mom why you love her so much. We know we love the mothers of our couples for so many reasons, but mostly because you created the beautiful children that we get to photograph on one of the biggest days of their lives! So thank you to all of the moms out there who have loved unconditionally, picked up the pieces when things were going wrong, and chose to take on the hardest job out there- being a mom!
Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
Ask your parents and bridal party not to video tape during the ceremony and reception. Otherwise the only pictures you will have of them will be ones where they are holding a video camera in front of their face! And you wouldn’t want to miss a great wedding day moment like this…
- Check with your photographer about whether other wedding vendors are allowed to take and display pictures of your wedding. Many photographers do not allow any other paid professionals, such as your DJ, to take pictures at your wedding. Just asking this question can avoid a conflict later.
- When you are choosing your photographer, ask each of them how they feel about your family and guests taking pictures at your wedding. Their reaction to this question can tell you a lot about whether they will be flexible and fun on your wedding day.
- Have your makeup applied (and your hair done) as a test sometime in the month before your wedding. This gives you a chance to guide your makeup artist and hair stylist without any time pressure so they know exactly what you want before you show up on your wedding day. This dry run test will often save time, anxiety and confusion!
- Schedule your hair and makeup as late in the day as possible. It’s a long day and your hair and makeup have to go a long way. If you have your hair done early in the morning, it is likely that it will not stay the way you would wish for the whole day.
- Don’t use any glitter. It reflects light in distracting sparkles that are impossible to tell from tiny beads of shiny sweat. Glitter sparkles just have to be removed from your photographs, often at additional cost.
Planning a wedding takes a lot of work! You and your fiance will need to work together and stay organized to make the process go smoothly and your wedding day flawless. Just in case you need a little bit of extra help, here are some of Ovation Images, Pittsburgh Wedding Photographers, best wedding planning tips:
- Stay organized. Create a binder or album where you can keep your accumulation of information, pictures and inspiration. This will help you avoid the feeling of being overwhelmed. It will also become a cherished keepsake!
- Do all of your planning as early as possible. Otherwise, it piles up and becomes work. Early planning also gives you some time to work out budget issues.
- Don’t make wedding planning into work. Do what you can when it is fun and then take a break from it. Go out on the town with the girls. Take your fiancé to a place he loves– maybe it’s a sports event, a favorite restaurant, or even just home with a good movie and good cuddling