Congratulations Maya & Andy! From the PAA, to the Cathedral of Learning, Heinz Chapel, Phipps, and back we sure made the most of Pittsburgh’s crazy weather. A magic summer wedding in January! Thanks so much to you and your families for making us a part of your amazing day. Thanks for being so much fun too!! All of our best to you and yours.
Select 720p or Full Screen 1080p for best viewing experience.
Photography by Ovation Images, Pittsburgh Wedding Photographers
Have clear goals for your wedding day schedule–and then time things accordingly. Do you want more time for fun with your bridal party? A special photography location? More time alone with Mr. Right? At Ovation Images, we can’t tell you how to plan your day. But we can tell you four common time traps you can avoid!
Andy & Maya, January 12, 2013
Ceremony held at: Heinz Chapel
Reception held at: Pittsburgh Athletic Association
Caterered by: Pittsburgh Athletic Association
Flowers by: Blooming Dahlia Florist
Cake by : Bonnie Joyce
Bride’s Dress by: Bridal Beginnings
Bride’s Hair & Make Up by: EnV Hair Studios
There is nothing more beautiful than a huge smile, and this sure was the case at Maya and Andy’s wedding! These two were all smiles all day long, and you could just tell they are so in love. They had a beautiful ceremony at Heinz Chapel followed by a fun, unique reception at the Pittsburgh Athletic Association. They had a bunch of fun surprises at their wedding including a choreographed dance, acoustic serenade by the groom’s brother, and the shoe game! Thank you both so very much for allowing us to capture your perfect wedding day! Wishing you all of the love in the world!
One of the many exciting things you can do with your gorgeous Ovation Images engagement photography is create delightful and memorable save-the-date cards. Engagement Photography at your choice of location is included with every Ovation Images wedding photography package specifically because the pictures are so useful–and fun! Here’s what you need to know about save-the-dates:
- When do I send out save the date cards? Five months before your wedding date is about right for people that need to make travel plans–especially if your wedding is on a holiday weekend.
- What if I don’t have my guest list ready five months ahead of time? This is a problem because you could end up sending save-the-dates out to people who later can’t be invited because you have maxed out your space. So you pretty much have to have your guest list done in order to send out your save-the-dates.
- Is there a formal structure for save-the-date cards? No. The formal structure comes in when you send your invitations. Have fun with your save-the-dates! Send them something they will want to keep up even after your wedding!
- Do I want cards or magnets? Cards are less expensive but magnets have become popular. Check the price difference before deciding.
- Can I use my engagement photos on my cards or magnets? If they are Ovation Images photos, the answer is yes–regardless of whether we supply the cards or magnets or you get them elsewhere. With other photographers the answer may not be so clear–check with them.
- How do I design my cards? You can pay a designer or do them yourself online on any number of web sites. With Ovation Images, you have the option of using our designer to custom-design your cards or magnets at no charge, provided that you purchase the cards or magnets from us. Ovation Images custom-designed save-the-date cards and magnets are designed to your exact specifications. You work directly with our designer to get the card you want–even coordinated with your wedding colors if desired! The only limitation is that you must buy the cards and magnets from Ovation Images if we design them.
Here are two examples of Ovation Images custom-design save-the-dates:
Sometimes the little things make a big difference. Here are some little ideas we have seen at Ovation Images that made big positive impact for our brides.
Ben and Danielle are a cute couple with such creative ideas! We had a great time shooting a fall engagement shoot with them, and they came with great ideas for their save the dates. We loved the Penn State one, but the one with their dog was by far our favorite- we are suckers for a furry face! We can’t wait to spend their wedding day with them on August 31,2013. Congrats you two!
Mary and Eric are an adorable couple and you can’t help but smile when you are around them! They are so in love and it just shine’s through in their engagement photos! We had a lot of fun shooting their engagement session in Pittsburgh’s North Shore and cannot wait to photograph them again at their wedding on June 6, 2013. Congrats you two!!!
You definitely DO want two photographers for your wedding. That way one can focus on you while the other one can capture all the things around you that might otherwise go unappreciated–saving those moments for you to enjoy later.
Your wedding hair stylist has a dirty little scheduling secret. She told you to come in at 8:30 AM so she could focus on you and your girls and you could bring some snacks and drinks and make an event out of it! Wow! What fun! Well, not exactly. This is what she really meant to say “I want you to come in at 8:30 AM because that won’t interfere with my prime time schedule from 11-2. My goal is to get you into an early time slot that none of my other clients want and that way your wedding won’t conflict with my regular schedule.” So what happens? You get your hair done at 9:30AM for your 4PM wedding. It starts to fall out before anyone even sees you! And you have to walk around on tippy-toes all day to take care of your hair. By the time your DJ gets the dance floor jumping at at 10PM, your hair has been in for over 12 hours–and looks like it! Well, that’s a worse case scenario for sure. But don’t be fooled. Be sure to set the time that best suits you and let your hair stylist plan around that. For a 4PM wedding, noon is the right time to get your hair done. For a 2PM wedding, 10AM is about right–later if you can swing it. It will still be a fun event with your girls. Only now it will be on your schedule instead of someone else’s.
Jeremy and Bethany are a cute couple with a great sense of style. We took their engagement photos in the park surrounding Phipps Conservatory and the river walk on the North Shore. These two looked amazing for their engagement shoot and made our job easy! We can’t wait to shoot their wedding on March 23, 3013! Congrats you two!!
Planning your wedding? As you know by now, the devil lurks in the details. Your wedding florist may need some guidance to avoid flowering foolishness. Here are four problems that we want to help you avoid. At Ovation Images, we have unfortunately seen all of these issues dozens of times.
Were you naughty or nice this year? Either way, if you got engaged this holiday season, Ovation Images has a gift for you- Pittsburgh’s Best Wedding Photography! Many couples will be engaged over the holiday season, but only a few will be lucky enough to get the Best Wedding Photography in Pittsburgh, so be sure to contact us soon as bookings are filling up fast!